My garage is full again! I had just sold everything to allow the car to actually be parked in there in anticipation of winter and the first snow. But of course, I hit a milestone of being able to actually pay my mortgage payment using the funds collected from selling all my projects! Wow… that was big for me!
I had actually ended up selling the dresser done to look like a stack of suitcase (you can read about it here), so I did actually want to either create another one or simply find a wonderful piece to replace the piece I sold. There is a small mountain of stuff that came out of the dresser sitting on the floor and in boxes that require a replacement piece. (Honestly, I should sort through all of it and get rid of what I don’t need. Another day for that…). So back to Craigslist. I am sure that I have an addiction to that site, is there a 12-step program for it?
Well, I found a gorgeous piece and from the picture looked like it wouldn’t require too much work, save for a coat of new paint and maybe a good sanding. But it is just beautiful in its details. I had to drive about 40 miles to pick up this gem. Since I was driving this far, I wanted to make the trip worthwhile and so it was back to Craigslist again. Did I find another piece? Oh yeah, I found two! So, this trip was going to definitely be worth it.
Since it looked like I was going to be back in business, I laid claim to a beautiful old vanity, and the guy I picked up from threw in the dresser for nothing. He didn’t see what I could as he told me he was going to use it for building a fire! Argh! Luckily I rescued it from him free of charge!
So, for the past three days I have been keeping very busy in the garage. Again.
I neglected to tell you about another project that I had completed. I think this was just to prove that I could do it. A while back, I picked up this little three drawer dresser that had just about been “improved to death”. I kid, but it’s not far from the truth. In an attempt to give the dresser some panache, they had routed an area around the drawer pulls. The person’s skill was lacking as that had to be one of the wonkiest routings I had ever seen.
And I am so sorry to say that I forgot to take pictures of it before I began. Again. ::kicking myself::
But, I thought that this was a time to try something fun and if it didn’t work, I’d only be out a ten spot, paint and some time. I had done a fair amount of furniture recycling/restoring aimed at the feminine culture, so I thought doing something for a boy might be kind of fun.
Back a ways, I had bought some baseballs off eBay to make bracelets. Of course when I needed one baseball I bought twelve… so I had baseballs stacked in a pile near by craft cabinet. Always figured I’d find something to do with them. So, in a inspiration, I thought I could use them as drawer pulls! Now, something to go with them. So off to cruise the internet.
One prevailing graphic kept catching my eye.
So I did a little more searching, found a image of what I thought the dresser might look like once restored and pasted the graphic on top. I had my design:
Then it was just a matter of transferring the design to the dresser and hand painting the colors.
Well, there you have it. Quick and easy and fun to boot! And it was sold to the mother of the most adorable eight year old who loves baseball!
Thanks for dropping by. And keep on crafting, y’all!